If you’ve been playing Minecraft for a while now, chances are you’ve found caves to be relatively boring. The newest version of Minecraft has a few more features in this area, along with an excellent terrain generator system. However, it can still be spiced up even more with the Better Caves and More mod, which adds quite some content in the game but respects its main vanilla theme.
Better Caves and More Mod Features
This mod adds mud along with some interesting cave creatures, like bats and cave salamanders. Mines are also added, but this feature has been incorporated in Minecraft version 1.8. Mud can be found in biomes of the swamp type and will slow you down when you try to walk over it, pretty much like slow sand. The mod also adds some more features to increase the “eye candy” factor of Minecraft, like icicles in snowy places.
In short, this is a great mod to give a new dimension to your Minecraft cave adventures.
Installation instructions for Better Caves and More Mod
1. Download and install ModLoader
2. Go to Start>Run and type %appdata%.
3. In the window that just opened, go to your .minecraft\bin folder
4. Open Minecraft.jar with an appropriate utility like WinZip and delete the Meta inf folder that it contains.
5. Paste all of the mod’s files into the open .jar file.
6. Run the game and start exploring.