If you’re looking for a new way to explore the Minecraft world, this one is for you. The Hot Air Balloon mod gives you the ability to do this from up in the air. The mod is particularly suitable for those of you who prefer the vanilla (stock) Minecraft version, since it does not really change the game but only adds some extra functionality. With it, you are simply able to view the world from above. This in stark contrast to the “Fly” mod, which does not require you to craft things and can almost be considered cheating. With the Hot Air Balloon mod, you earn the right to fly, as you need to craft something in order to take to the air. This mod can also be used in multiplayer.
Installation instructions for Hot Air Balloon Mod
- Installation complete, you can now have a blast flying!
- Download ModLoader.
- Download Hot Air Balloon Mod
- Go to your .minecraft\bin folder (under Appdata\Roaming) and locate and open Minecraft.jar with a zip program.
- Delete the META INF folder found in the open archive.
- Drag and drop the modloader files into Minecraft.jar
- Repeat previous step with the hot air balloon mod files