Minecraft texture packs are essentially sets of files that when installed, change the appearance of the core graphical components of the Minecraft environment. This may include changes to the blocks, various items, mobs or to the graphical user interface itself. Typically, texture packs come in a compressed file format and contain a bunch of PNG image files and a text file, named pack.txt, which instructs Minecraft on how to use the images. Texture packs are available in Minecraft’s native resolution (16×16 pixels in each block), but also in higher resolutions. The latter are called HD and require a third party patcher in order to work properly. Please note, the HD tag has nothing to do with true HD content, but is there to signal that it is a higher definition than standard Minecraft content. As is the case with Minecraft mods and skins, there are also a lot of Minecraft texture packs available for download on the world wide web. Below are two of the most popular ones for Minecraft version 1.0.0.
Twilight Forest Texture Pack
This texture pack is quite unique. Designed by Minecraft top user and specialist in Minecraft texture packs Benimatic, not only does it add new texture content to the game, but it also enriches it with a nice storyline that can bring you to an ancient fantasy era. If you’ve read “Lord of the rings” or watched any of the namesake movies, you’ll be pleased to learn that this texture pack is based on a similar theme; fantasy adventures, odd creatures, hunt for treasures, powerful boss mobs, mystique and so on. But we had better not spoil the party and describe every single aspect of this texture pack. You’d better try it out for yourself, and we bet you’ll be delighted when you do.
Twilight Forest Texture Pack Features
- Reduction in elevation changes and increase in grass surfaces. The most probable reason for this alteration is that the trees in this texture pack are quite big and need some more breathing room.
- New biomes (ecosystems). In total, there are seven of them, but discovering them might require quite a bit of exploration.
- Lots of different plants
- Ancient ruins in a picturesque environment
- Big boss mobs.
- Hollow hills, a novel presentation of “silent hill”.
- Opens up new paths of exploration and construction and includes mazes for those of you deeply into puzzles. A word of caution – the theme of the mazes might be a little…shall we say…interesting.
- Download your preferred texture pack
- Run Minecraft
- Under ‘multiplayer’, choose “mods and texture packs”. When the folder structure appears, navigate to the “texture pack” folder and drag and drop your downloaded texture pack in there without decompressing the file.
- Enjoy your new texture pack.
LB Photo Realism Texture Pack
Created by Scuttle, this is a very neat HD texture pack for Minecraft that attempts to make it look like the real world. Put simply, it turns Minecraft into an almost photorealistic representation of real world features. It is immensely popular and this is no wonder, as its screenshots speak for themselves.
Most people who have got their hands on Minecraft laud its creative aspect, but lament its low fidelity graphics. With this texture pack though, they no longer have reason to complain about the latter.
LB Photo Realism texture pack is available in three distinct resolutions (64x, 128x and 256x), so that you can select the one that your computer can run most properly.
LB Photo Realism changes in version 7.0.0
- Addition of new textures for Ender Portal and Alchemy Stand, as well as other textures from Minecraft version 1.9 pre-release 5.
- Revamped netherbricks and gravel appearance
- Resolved issues with low-res textures
- New GUI
- Generic bug fixing
- Much more…to find out, simply download the texture pack.
- Download LB Photo Realism in the resolution that best suits your computer.
- Download and execute MCPatcher, then click on the “patch” option.
- Drag and drop the LB Photo Realism patch in the open window.
- Have fun exploring your new world.
Minecraft Texture Packs Variations
We highly recommend both these Minecraft texture packs, but this does not mean there aren’t any other great ones out there. If you find one, or if you have any problem or question about these, be sure to let us know. We will give a solution to your problem and your favorite Minecraft texture packs will work and be sure that they will offer you moments of great pleasure