Trains and Zeppelins – quite useless in the Minecraft world, you’d be tempted to say. But in fact, why keep Minecraft bare and simple, when you can enrich it with so many things? This mod brings a new train system that works better than the original minecarts, along with many other goodies. The main concept of this mod revolves around trains and movement. This means it’s full of trains and advocates perpetual movement. Trains are better, quicker and nicer than original minecarts. The mod also contains some new minecarts as well though, which can be used to carry wood along with other things. And what is really fantastic about this mod is that it contains a track builder, so that you can lay down your own routes for your fixed-track machinery. If you like speed on rails, this mod was made for you.
Trains and Zeppelin Mod Features
- Brand new cart models.
- 3 new steam locomotives.
- 2 diesel locomotives.
- Track builder.
- New detector rails.
- Red/green light track signals.
Trains and Zeppelin Mod v1.24 Changelog
- Compatible with Minecraft 1.0.0
- New EU07 and Shunter locomotives
- Recipe for Steel frame has been altered
- ModLoaderMP is no longer a requirement
In short, this is a mod for MInecraft version 1.0.0 that adds new transport possibilities. Its offerings are a lot better than the original minecarts, and the new textures on each train are neat. We can only say well done to its developer, SPitFire4466, for a well thought-out mod.
Installation instructions for Trains and Zeppelin Mod
- Locate your minecraft.jar by going to Start menu, then run, and type “%appdata%>.minecraft>bins” (no quotes).
- Backup your minecraft.jar just in case something goes wrong.
- Now open the .jar with WinRar or equivalent program.
- Delete the Meta-inf folder in the archive.
- Download and install Modloader and run Minecraft to make sure you don’t get a black screen. Exit Minecraft and drag and drop everything inside Modloader into the open archive that you opened before.
- Download and install ModloaderMP using the same procedure (step 5).
- You can optionally download Audiomod.
- Download Trains and Zeppelin Mod.
- Extract TrainConfig.txt into the main .minecraft folder.
- Extract the resources folder that you’ll find inside the mod’s zip file into the .minecraft folder as well, and let your computer merge the content of the two folders.
- Open the folder named “jar files” inside the mod’s zip file, and then drag and drop its content into minecraft.jar.
- Enjoy riding trains.