If you’ve grown tired of shooting or otherwise hitting zombies, creepers, skeletons and the like, this mod might be what you’re looking for. It gives you some new tools to protect your base with, other than the good old TNT wall, the age-old arrow dispensers or the even simpler archer’s bow or the swords. If you’re looking for a slightly more destructive weapon, this one’s for you. With the turret mod you can make a turret gun that can shoot various projectiles, from harmless, squishy snowballs to all-destructive TNTs. The turret can also be put to good use for mining or for digging a hole.
The turret resembles a thick crossbow laid on a chest, which is where your ammunition is stored.
Here’s what you can shoot with it:
Snowballs that do not cause actual harm
Regular cannon balls
Piercing cannon balls
Napalm cannon balls
How can I control the turret?
Right click on it in order to mount the turret. Once there, press Spacebar to fire or Shift in order to move the reticle in a slower manner.
Turret Mod v.1.3_02 Changelog
- Compatible with Minecraft 1.0.0
- Crafting Recipe bug for Guided Rockets now fixed
- Improved coding structure and overall performance
- Turret book works the shame as enchanted items
- Flak turret now able to fire against Enderdragon
- Download the Turret mod’s zip file.
- Navigate to your .minecraft\bin folder
- Backup your minecraft.jar file
- Open minecraft.jar with WinRAR or 7Zip
- Install ModLoader and AudioMod, if not already installed
- Delete META-INF folder inside the minecraft.jar archive.
- Open the mod’s zip and copy everything contained in a folder named “Content in Minecraft.jar” into your minecraft.jar file
- Save and close minecraft.jar.
- Go to the resources folder in .minecraft folder
- Copy all contents of the “Content in resources” folder of your mod’s zip file into resources folder that resides in your .minecraft folder.
- Happy shooting.